Tuesday, May 26, 2009

FIRE!!

So I pull into the apartment complex after work, and as I'm getting out of my car I notice something a little weird. A guy runs past my car to a car a couple spots down, reaches into it, throws something out and then gets in and drives away. All of this he does with an incredible sense of urgency. I think to myself "whatev" and continue to my building. I hear a siren in the background, getting louder... and then I notice a distinct burning smell coming from the building I keep advancing towards.

Oh great.

I walk up the stairs anyway, and run into a couple guys who tell me it's coming from the third floor (right above me). Once I get up that close, it's pretty obvious where it's coming from. As I'm standing there, debating on a course of action, a bunch of firemen/women rush past me. By "rush" I mean clank slowly up the stairs carrying a lot of heavy shit. So what do I do? I let myself into my apartment. In retrospect, that may not have been such a great idea. But at least the whole building didn't burn, taking my measly I'm-only-here-for-two-months belongings with it.

All in all, the past few minutes have been a lot more interesting than the entire first day of my internship. But more about that later- going to work out now!

5 comments:

  1. ha ha! "Whatev" "ER"... okay... so this guy that goes to his car and throws something out... What was it that he threw out? Was he the culprit who started the blaze?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully there doesn't start to be a trend of bizarre goings-on happening every time you come home from work. Think of the extremes they'd have to go to to top previous days. There'd be a full-on zombie apocalypse by mid-July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here, ladies and gentlemen, we have classic specimen of brand new blog only updated twice. This sad creature can be found all across the Interwebs but it is truly crushing to find one in such a lush habitat as this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, Griffin. I was about to comment that she hasn't posted anything new when I saw your comment.

    ReplyDelete